Donec sed odio dui. Nullam quis risus eget urna mollis ornare vel eu leo. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris Ornare condimentum nibhr. Vestibulum id ligula porta felis euismod semper.
As followers of Jesus Christ, we seek to be:
- Lovers of God: we seek first to obey the “Great Commandment,” to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength. And then as an expression of our love for God to love people in a practical, self-giving way.
- Rooted in the Word: we understand that “Christ’s Word taking up life in us” is a basic ingredient to being a Christian, and that the Bible is our primary source for all we do as a local church.
- Bold in Prayer: prayer is our breath, our source of life from God and our primary tool in doing ministry. We believe that because of Christ’s death, resurrection and ascension to heaven he is now seated at the right hand of the Father, interceding for us. We can come boldly to the Throne because we come as God’s children, born by the application of Christ’s work to our lives by the Holy Spirit.
- Relating in Community: when we are born again we are born into a new family relationship. Much of what the Bible says about being a Christian is worked out in relationships with other Christians. So we are seeking to build healthy communities within the congregation in which all believers can grow as they “speak the truth in love.”
- Gift Oriented Service: At the point of salvation every believer is given a spiritual gift by the Holy Spirit to be used in the congregation for the glory of God and the growth of the body. We seek to help believers discover their gifts and learn to use them effectively in serving Christ, rather than trying to plug all Christians into already existing ministry slots.
- Team Oriented Leadership: in light of the gifting by God of his children and the pattern of multiple leaders or teams of leaders in the New Testament, we will form teams of leaders to shepherd the church in all aspects of its ministry.
- Healthy in Relationships: Jesus Christ not only taught theological truths and fulfilled his propitionary mission; he also gave us an example of how to live life, including establishing healthy relationship patterns with people, both within and outside of the church.
- Generous in Giving: God’s principle for giving has always been stewardship—all that we have is God’s, so we are stewards of his resources. We say thank-you to God, as well as demonstrate our commitment to Christ’s mission in giving generously to his church and its ministry.
- Christ-Centered in Worship: at its heart worship is participatory rather than performance; the group approaching God rather than a few people entertaining with their particular gifts. We seek to love, honor, and obey Christ as the heart of our worship, both individually and corporately.
- Visionary in Mission: we seek to see the world as God sees the world, and to go into it with his mission as our mission. We are motivated and guided by Christ’s mission in the world.
- Intentional in Discipleship: since all we do is to produce mature followers of Jesus Christ, that will be our vision and goal, as well as the evaluation measurement for every program and ministry effort.
- Compassionate in Care: as the Body of Christ in this world, we seek to express his mercy and justice within our community. This means caring for the disadvantaged in a practical but respectful way through the use and sharing of our resources.